We all know Morpheus8 has taken the world by storm, and this storm has just hit Cape Town. We checked in with Dr Blink from Dr. Blink Medical Aesthetics since he acquired the InMode Morpheus8 and shares his experience.
Medical Aesthetic Market Growth
With the rapid growth and changes in the medical aesthetics market, one needs to stay at the forefront of the latest products and technology. In my continuing research to acquire the most advanced and most effective treatment modalities, I have chosen the Morpheus8 that combines radio frequency and micro-needling.
Why did I choose InMode Morpheus8?
Morpheus8 is one of the few treatments available that can be used to treat the difficult area, the neck.
As an aesthetics medical practitioner, my speciality treatment is threads. I often find that I have patients with very heavy adipose tissue, where one needs to use Morpheus8 to remodel the subdermal structures, after which the threads procedure can be done to achieve a more exaggerated, but still natural lift.
Morpheus8 Skin Resurfacing is great for addressing cheek wrinkles (accordion lines), barcode (smokers) lines, acne scarring and general skin texture irregularities.
With our Morpheus8 Body treatments, I can sculpt those resistant fat pockets.
What are the benefits and indications for Morpheus8?
- Addresses common signs of aging.
- Skin tightening and fat remodelling.
- Improving the appearance of scars (surgical scars, acne scars, etc.)
- Increasing tissue firmness by building more collagen.
- Minimising fine lines and wrinkles and evens out the skin tone.
- Fading stretch marks.
- Improving skin texture.
What areas can be treated?
- Any area that can benefit from sub-dermal renewal (e.g., heavy jowls, resistant body fat pockets that need sculpting).
- The most commonly treated areas include the face and neck. Areas of the face and body that exhibit wrinkles, discoloration or acne scarring are suitable for treatment.
How many treatments do I need?
Depending on the treatment regime, you can expect to have 1 – 3 sessions.
How quickly will I see results?
- Visible results can be seen within a few days, but typically after three weeks the most noticeable results appear.
- Improvements continue up to six months after the treatment.
Can anyone get a Morpheus8 Treatment?
- Morpheus8 has colour blind technology, allowing the possibility to treat all skin types, given that the skin has been adequately prepared prior to the treatment.
- The unique properties allow even darker tones to be treated.
Is there any social downtime associated with Morpheus8?
- Redness and swelling immediately post-procedure which usually subsides within 24-48 hours after the treatment.
- Mild discomfort and sensitivity.
What is the aftercare for Morpheus8?
- Ice – cooling the treated skin is recommended after the treatment to relieve discomfort.
- Pain killers can be taken, but preferably no anti-inflammatory medication (e.g. Myprodol, Brufen)
- Avoid intense exercise for 48 hours.
- No make-up, active ingredients or occlusive ointments on the treated area for 24-48 hours.
- Avoid over-exposure to direct sunlight for 2 weeks.
Are there complementary treatments with Morpheus8?
Add-on treatments are available on request.
Before and after:
These results were only after 2 sessions and the patient has 1 more session left for maximum results.
Learn more about Morpheus8 at Dr Blink Medical Aesthetics here.